The 18 hole course at Abbeyleix is fast developing a reputation as one of the best courses in the midlands. Designed by the well known Golf Architect Mel Flanigan, the 18 hole layout will prove a fair test of Golf for players of all categories.
The old 9 hole course was recognised as one of the best 9 hole courses in the country and now having obtained an adjacent piece of rolling terraine which contains many specimen mature trees, the 18 holes ensures enjoyable golf with many scenic views.
A famous feature of the old course at Abbeyleix was the beautiful soil based greens, as well as retaining the old greens, all the new greens are again soil based giving a consistency over 18 holes.
Green Fees (Great Value)
Week Days €10 / Weekends €15
Ring the Club for Bookings 05787 31450
Visitors and Societies Welcome
Bookings Contact: Pat Coughlin 087-9014259
Abbeyleix is an 18 Hole Par 72 Golf Course (6,029 yards)
Location 15 Km south from Portlaoise on the N8.
(Dublin – Cork main road.)
New Category of Membership 2020
- A New or Lapsed Member can join for a period of 3 years for €400 per year. A member who recruits a new member can have his/her sub reduced to €400 for 3 consecutive years provided the new member remains in the club for that period of time. (Motion passed at A.G.M. 2019)
- Ring the Club 05787 31450
- (Under 35 years of Age) €375 JOIN NOW
Membership Available, Great Deals
Ring Maeve in the office 05787 31450 or our Treasurer Kieran Savage 086 8180153 for more details
Captain Liam Ryan and Lady Evelyn Casserly look forward to welcoming visitors and members to this wonderful 18 Hole Parkland Course in the midlands. . The course is laid out on rolling landscape with plenty of mature trees and some great water features all of which add to it’s attraction. Many visitors have commented on the great condition of the greens and the surrounding bunkers, some of which have been redesigned during the past few years.
The Club Committees are extremely grateful to all the sponsors, some of whom have been supporting the club for many years. In these recessionary times sponsors deserve not just gratitude but tangible support as well.
Abbeyleix Golf Club prides itself on it’s hospitality and visitors are assured of a great welcome either before or after a round of golf at our well appointed Club House. Bar and Catering facilities are available.
Buggies and carry carts are available for hire, prior booking is advisable.
For those who wish to join the club there are many attractive new initiatives. Potential members will be accommodated in every way by contacting treasurer Kieran Savage or Maeve in the office at 05787 31450
President Martin Kearns and Lady President Catherine Brennan along with captains Liam Ryan and Evelyn Casserly will be on hand to welcome everyone to the club and wish them the best of luck for another great year of golf.
We would like to show our deep appreciation and express our gratitude to the following Sponsors who have agreed to sponsor a competition during the year. We would encourage all our members to support our sponsors during the year.
- Leo Dunne LTD Dumore Durrow Co. Laois.
- Donal O’Gorman “O’Gorman’s, The Home of Good Food”
- Shaw’s Department Store Portlaoise. Main Sponsor Friday Open Singles.
- Liam Fitzpatrick Tyres Portlaoise
- Moynan’s Fuel Abbeyleix
- Colgan’s Portlaoise
- Draper Tools Ireland LTD
- Bonham Sales & Service Abbeyleix
- Dome Security Raheen Abbeyleix
- Ego Boost Abbeyleix
- PJ Peacock 19th Hole Abbeyleix Golf Club
- Dunne’s Hardware Abbeyleix
- Benny’s Bar Abbeyleix
- JetStone Ballyroan
- Abbeyleix Snooker Club
- Inspiring Interiors Portlaoise
- Print Central Portlaoise
- Andy Shiel’s Butchers Abbeyleix
- Council Members
- Past Captains and Presidents
- Casserly Pharmacy
- Clelands Supermarket Abbeyleix
- Pratts Abbeyleix
- JL Bradshaw Portlaoise
- The Post Office Abbeyleix
- Andrew Fyffe & Sons Abbeyleix
- Leo Dunne LTD. 05787 36263
- The “Play and Dine” Singles Stableford Competition Sponsor:”Martin Jurevics Caterer in Abbeyleix Golf Club”
- Ballymullen CuP (V Par) Sponsored by John Joe Fennelly
- Seamus Mullhall,Family run Supermarket Portlaoise.co Laois Mulhall Meats, Mulhall’s Deli, Mulhall’s Homemade Fresh Breads & Cakes,Quality Fresh Food Store!
- Noel Cleere (IT Consultant),5 Mills, Fresford, Co Kilkenny 087 9267965 / email@example.com
- Colin Self (086) 8904506 Draper Tools Ireland
- Castle Arms Hotel, The Square, Durrow, Co. Laois. Phone: +353 (0)57 8736117,Fax: +353 (0)57 8736566 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dunnes Garden Centre. Rath, Dunmore, Durrow Telephone: 057 873 6277 Fax: 0578736614 Website:http://www.dunnesgardencentre.com
- Phelans Hardware, Castle St, Durrow, Co. Laois. Tel: 057/8736121. Fax 057/8736478
- Keith Boland GOLDCROP Springhill, Carrigtwohill, Cork Telephone 021 4882800 Fax 021 4883427
- John Foran Landscape Contractor Edenderry Co.Offaly
- Anthony D’Arcy Limited
- Pat Murphy Coolruss, Tinahealy, Arklow, Co. Wicklow Telephone: 0402 38621 Fax 0402 38489
- CROPCARE Colm Ryan Willowgrove, Delgany, Greystones, Co. Wicklow Email: email@example.com Telephone: 01 287 4485
- Joe Kinnear
- Kevin Broderick Ltd. Unit J Aerodrome Business Park Rathcoole, Co. Dublin Telephone: (01) 257 2255 Fax: (01) 2572250 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.brodericks.ie Tel:01 4533108
- http://www.automaticfire.ie/index.htm Philip McDonald Managing Director and Caitriona Graham Financial Controller of Automatic Fire & Integrated Solutions