Email: email@example.com Telephone: 05787 31450
Recent Deaths:Check News Page
Covid 19 News Update
Following HSE / Goverment / GUI Guidlines.
Returning to Golf 18th May 2020
The GUI / ILGU have submitted a detailed list of the protocol regulations for Phase 1 of post covid-19.
From the 18th May, these rules must be adhered to in advance of play. For your information, we have attached these regulations including the information below.
Phase 1 Covid 19 PROTOCOL FOR RE-INTRODUCTION OF GOLF
In advance of play
- Members Only
- Time sheet in operation/ compulsory (Book on BRS)
- If you are ill or have symptoms stay at home.
- Maximum number of players together 3
- No exchange of equipment with others.
- Wash your hands and equipment before you leave home.
- Aim to arrive at the Club no more than 15 minutes prior to play.
- Travel to the Golf Club on your own or with members of your own household only.
- Park you car in such a way as to facilitate physical distancing.
- Observer physical distancing rules at all times following your arrival at the club and at all times on the course.
- If necessary, retrieve your clubs, shoes and other equipment from your locker.
- Change in and out of your shoes in the car park
- Warm up alone. Observe physical distancing rules on practice areas. If the club has taken a decision to close the practice area, this must be strictly adhered to.
- Avoid holing out on practice putting green. put to a tee peg instead.
On the Course
- Do not arrive at the first tee more than 5 minutes before your allotted tee time
- Following play of a hole, do not enter the next teeing ground until all members of the group in front have played their tee shots and exited the teeing area.
- If you must use a golf buggy, it must be only used by you and cannot be shared with or used by another player during the round.
- Do not exchange share equipment, food drink with other players during your round.
- If your ball is lost unplayable or in a penalty area don’t take the option under the rules that involves doubling back on your position on the course. Instead use an option that allows you keep your position on the course.
- Do not pick up a players golf ball or equipment.
- Do not use on the course water fountains and golf ball cleaners etc.
- Do not use rakes in bunkers
- Do not touch flag or flag stick. Putt with the flag stick in and remove your own ball from the hole.
- Bring your own hydration / food to the course.
- Bring your own hand sanitiser to the course and use regularly during the round.
- All members under the age of 18 must be accompanied with an adult at all times.
After the Round
- Return directly to your car, change your shoes, put your equipment in your car and leave. Do not store any equipment in your locker.
- Avois entering the club house. If you must use the toilet facilities, ensure you adhere to health and safety guidelines.
COURSE RANGER ON DUTY ALL DAY
- MEMBERS ONLY
- NO GREEN FEES
- NO SOCIETIES
We in Abbeyleix Golf Club are all looking forward to the 18th. May when we can resume playing social golf. We hope all members will adhere to GUI/ILGU guidelines as outlined in our facebook page. The rest of the year will indeed be very challenging for all golf clubs (a number have already announced permanent closure) as with no competitions etc until late June, revenue will be very little.
We would be delighted if those who have not joined yet this year would do so as early as possible. Unfortunately, because of the uncertain future existing rates will remain the same.
However great offers are available for those who want to play golf.
- €300 for 2020 membership to play social golf (excluding competitions ie. no competitions, no GUI card)
- €375 for full membership for those under 35
- €400 for full membership for those joining for the first time..
We will keep you updated with future developments.
Stay safe and we look forward to seeing you all soon
Abbeyleix Golf Club Council
Work on the Course During Covid 19
Ongoing work on our course since 18th April 2020. Hopefully we will be back soon. A big thank you to our Green Keeper and our volunteers.
Captains Drive In – Sunday 2nd February 2020
Captains: Mr Liam Ryan and Mrs Everlyn Casserly
Welcome to our Website and enjoy the vistas of our par 72 Parkland Golf Course with Spectacular views. A warm welcome awaits you. Enjoy a testing round of golf and experience the warm and friendly atmosphere we can offer you in our excellently appointed Club House.
Captains Liam Ryan and Evelyn Casserly would like to wish everyone in the club, Members, Visitors, Friends and Family a “Céad Míle Fáilte” and look forward to meeting you all in 2019 and wish everyone an enjoyable year of Golf. Come and experience Abbeyleix Golf Course at its best. Reasonable rates, check this website for more details.
Victorious Left Hand Golfers 2020, well done to all who participated, in this fun event.
Please support one of our Main Sponsors O’Gorman’s Portlaoise “The Home of Good Food”
Check this out. Special offer, Golf Break; Great Deal Available Manor Hotel Abbeyleix (Accommodation,Breakfast Dinner and Golf)
Green Fees Great Value
Week Days €15 / Weekends €20
Ring the Club for Bookings 05787 31450
Open Singles (Main Sponsor “Shaw’s Portlaoise”) Please support.
Men & Ladies / Every Friday
Ring the club for more details “Affordable Golf for All” 057 87 3145
- Membership of Abbeyleix Golf Club is currently available at very reasonable rates.
- No levy
- Full Membership: €599
- New Category: Under 35 Year of age Full Membership €375
- A New or Lapsed Member can join for a period of 3 years for €400 per year. A member who recruits a new member can have his/her sub reduced to €400 for 3 consecutive years provided the new member remains in the club for that period of time.(Motion passed at A.G.M. 2019)
- Senior Membership €525
- New Membership €325
- Distance Membership: €225 (50 miles / 60 Km) (Receives a GUI Card and Handicap if required)
- (Check Membership page for more details)