Open Week 15th to 24th July 2022
Check BRS for upcoming (Club/ Open) Competitions or Book a Tee Time. Check out fixtures for 2020 below.
Green Fees Great Deal: Week Days €20 Weekends: €25
- Check our upcoming Fixtures on our BRS. (See above)
- Fixture brochure available in our Main Office.
- All dates are subject to change at the discretion of the Council and / or Competition Committee.
Left Handers V Right Handers 2020. Congratulations to all who played.
Rules of Competitions
Rules 3 Ball Scramble: Scoring is by Stableford (1/10 combined Handicap). Placing everywhere. Each player tees off, select drive to be used, ball must be marked within 6 inches, whosoever drive is chosen must play next shot first, other two players then place their ball within six inches of the spot and play their shot from there. The same rule then applies to all subsequent shots, including on the greens. A player may NOT finish the hole before other players putt; otherwise the first putt must be recorded. Please sign in and return scores on the computer.
3 Ball Classic Rules: Scoring is by Stableford. Play your own ball from drive to finish.Play off your current Handicap. Best two scores to count on all Par 4’s & 5’s. Only one score on Par 3’s
3 Ball Rumble Rules: Scoring is by Stableford. On the first six holes (1-6) the best single score for these holes is recorded in the appropriate columns (A, B, C ) on score card. On the next 6 holes (7-12), the best two scores are recorded in the appropriate columns. On the last 6 holes (13-18) all three scores are recorded in the appropriate columns. If a player is unable to score at a hole, he should pick up his ball in the interest of keeping the play moving.
3 Ball Waltz Classic Rules: Scoring is by Stableford. (Pattern of scoring one score , two scores and three scores repeat this sequence for 18 holes)
- One score to count on the 1st Hole(Par 5)
- Two scores to count on the 2nd Hole (Par 5)
- Three scores to count on the 3rd Hole (Par 3)
- One score to count on the 4th Hole (Par 4)
- Two scores to count on the 5th Hole (Par 4)
- Tree Scores to Count on the 6th Hole (Par 3)
- One score to count on the 7th Hole (Par 4)
- Two scores to count on the 8th Hole (Par 4)
- Three score to count on the 9th Hole (Par 4)
- One score to count on the 10th Hole (Par 4)
- Two scores to count on the 11th Hole (Par 4)
- Three Scores to count on the 12th Hole (Par 4)
- One score to count on the 13th Hole (par 4)
- Two scores to count on the 14th Hole (Par 3)
- Three scores to count on the 15th Hole (Par 5)
- One score to count on the 16th Hole (par 5)
- Two scores to count on the 17th Hole (Par 3)
- Two scores to count on the 18th Hole (Par 4)
3,2,1 Dusty Bin Rules: Scoring is by Stableford. Three scores to count at the 1st Hole, two scores to count on the 2nd Hole and one score to count on the 3rd Hole, then back to three scores to count on the 4th Hole, two scores to count on the 5th Hole and one score to count on the 6th Hole and so on for the full 18 Holes. Scores must be entered under the name of the player or players whose scores count at each hole. Please make sure that all three players names and handicaps are clearly printed on the card, as well as the name of the competition and the date. Don’t forget to sign the card.
- Every Thursday is Ladies day
- 9 Hole Social every Monday. Starting in April (Draw for teams 5.30 – 6.00 p.m.)
- Winter Competitions: Daily Singles competitions one prize for every 15 entries. Open Winter Singles Competitions: Member €7 / Visitors €10
- When entering a competition 1. Enter your name in competition book. 2. Pay entrance fee. 3. Collect score card. 4 Sign in on computer. When finished round 1. Check you have signed score card. 2. Check your marker has signed your score card. 3. Enter your scores on the computer. 4. Put score card in correct score card box.
- B.R.S online booking system is in operation (www.abbeyleixgolfclub.ie ) All players MUST register on B.R.S for every competition . B.R.S booking will always take precedence on the course. ( The Council Abbeyleix Golf Club)